After perhaps the toughest year in recent history for businesses, a bright and vibrant future is on the horizon. As lockdown restrictions begin to lift, we are all looking forward to the big reopening of our clinics, salons and studios so we can get back to doing what we love and giving our clients a fantastic, and safe service.
With such an unforeseen year of restrictions finally coming to an end, you will be taking your laser business forward into a different operating world. Here at Laseraid we want you to be ready, with all precautions in place to keep you, your business, and your clients safe while you are working.
How Will My Work Environment Change?
Thankfully, laser treatment clinics are already industries primarily organised through client bookings and appointments. This is ideal for controlling the number of people in your clinic at one time. Keeping clients and colleagues in your clinic to a minimum will help minimise risk to both you and your customers during treatment. You should consider creating a larger time window per client to ensure you have time to properly sanitise after finishing the treatment of one client, before the next arrives.
You should always ensure there is always sufficient sanitisation for you, your employee’s, and your clients. It is vital you encourage your employees and clients to wash their hands regularly, and to wear a mask while completing treatment. All general surfaces should be thoroughly cleaned at regular intervals, while surfaces that your client touches or comes into contact with should be cleaned after each appointment.
The main priority when completing treatment once your clinic has reopened is keep risk of contamination to a minimum. So, remember:
- Sanitising stations (For staff and clients).
- Minimise the number of people in your clinic at one time.
- Consider extending the time window you allocate for each customer.
- Wear appropriate PPE.
- Sanitise all surfaces regularly.
- Sanitise surfaces your client comes into contact with after every appointment.
Develop A Plan
To give yourself a head start when it comes to the big reopening, we would highly recommend developing a plan of action. This should attempt to cover as many aspects of your business as possible, so you are always one step ahead. It is also great for any employees at your clinic so they are well versed in procedures which should be taking place. Consider:
- Opening times – It might be beneficial to extend opening times for the first few weeks after re-opening. There will be a large number of clients who are looking for your services, so opening for a longer period of time will allow you to make the most of this while potentially gaining you a larger long term client base.
- Make appointments early – Offering your clients appointments ahead of time will not only give you a better chance of filling your appointment slots, but it will also mean you will be able to generate a more accurate financial forecast for the coming months.
- Taking deposits – Taking non-refundable deposits is a great way of gaining cash flow before you client has even walked through the door. It gives your finances an element of stability and your clients are also more inclined to arrive to their bookings on time, which is now more important than ever.
- Sanitising – Implement a sanitising strategy for your entire clinic that everyone must follow. It is your responsibility as a salon owner to ensure everything is sanitised correctly, this of course will take more time. But remember, correctly sanitising will massively reduce the risk of any infection at your clinic and therefore avoid another possible closure.
- Creating deals & offers – Now is a fantastic time to attract a new client base, and what better way to do that than to make offers they can’t refuse! This will massively benefit your long-term business model, while you will also get an injection of cashflow from the increase in clientele.
- Creating a loyalty scheme – Creating a loyalty reward scheme for your business is a great idea, even more so when you reopen. With the prospect of new clients entering your clinic you need to do everything you can to keep them coming back and turn them into long lasting customers. One of the most effective ways of doing this is to create a reward system, perhaps offer your clients a discount after X amount of treatments, or offer a ‘Buy One Get One…’ deal. This not only makes the client feel great about getting a good deal, it also creates a sense of urgency to return to your clinic to boost those points or make use of those rewards.
How Can Laseraid Help Your Business Succeed
Here at Laseraid our success is your success, so we want to do everything we can to make sure the clinics that we work with are thriving and have a healthy future. We offer a unique ‘Buy-Back’ scheme which allows your clinic to release capital from their laser equipment. In the past we have seen businesses that use this service grow dramatically thanks to the extra cash injection it offers them. Allowing them to upgrade their equipment, refurbish their clinics, and so much more. Now is the ideal time to consider working with Laseraid to give your business the edge as we emerge out of lockdown and into a brighter future, together.
For more information on how Laseraid can help you reopen your business get in touch with us here.